Friday, March 21, 2014

Oats in a jar


This word “oiaj”  has been circulating round instagram lately. Or maybe I was a slow chancer of this but something prodded my curiosity on why this was so popular among people these days. So I began to google OiaJ ( what a weird short form) I thought to myself that didn’t make much sense. 

After that I learnt that it stood for Oats in a jar.. What basically comprises oats in a  jar is simply oats  left to soak overnight in a mixture of milk of your choice, greek yogurt and fruits. Soaking the oats overnight will render the oats soft and develop this beautiful texture in the morning. What’s great about oiaj is that, your breakfast can be prepared beforehand and without kicking up a big fuss in the morning ( Especially if you’re running late for work/ school etc).

I typically like oats so I’m way for this kind of breakfast. While some may not be custom to the txture of oats, I recommend that everyone do actually give it a try. Coz it’s not only nutritious, it packs quite a lot of vitamins  and energy that your body will need and kicking start your morning is always the way to go.
 
Ever since I tried oiaj, I have been making this consecutively. My first oiaj combination was fairly simply. It consisted of skim milk, oats, some cinnamon and strawberries I had on hand.



Recipe

Ingredients: 

  • 1/4 quick oats
  • 1/2 cup skim milk ( Or almond milk or soy milk )
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
  • 1 tsp maple syrup ( Optional) 
  • 4-5 pieces strawberries


Directions: 

Place all the ingredients in the jar, shake to combine and leave to refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add nuts, granola, fruits to your oiaj and enjoy!! 


So simple and so easy to whip up! 




No comments:

Post a Comment